What will you learn in this course?
- Understand the fundamentals of Boolean logic
- Differentiate between different number systems and understand their applications
- Understand the basic components of combinational logic circuits and sequential logic circuits like logic gates and flip-flops
- Study and design complex combinational circuits (Example: priority encoders)
- Study and design complex sequential circuits (Example: Counters)
What is the target of this course?
Digital electronics is a core course that is essential for you to progress to other higher-level courses in the field of electronics. Once you have completed this digital electronics course, you can opt for a variety of disciplines depending on your career choices. At Technobyte, we use concepts from this course in our tracks on Embedded Systems, IoT, VLSI, and Robotics.
How many quizzes are there in this course?
There’s one free quiz. We will be launching a certifying quiz shortly.
What’s the course structure like?
- Introduction to digital electronics and digital systems
- Number systems
- Conversion between number systems
- Logic Gates
- Introduction to Combinational circuits
- Adders and Subtractors
- Multiplexers and Demultiplexers
- Encoders and Decoders
- Introduction to Sequential Circuits
- Counters (Synchronous and Asynchronous)
- Error detection
- Parity generators and Parity checkers
- Types of digital memory devices
- Types of Programmable Logic Devices
- Types of logic families
- Quiz 1
- Certification test (Coming soon)
I would like to suggest some topics to be covered, how can I do that?
You can visit the contact page linked in the footer of this webpage. Just select “Suggest Topics” from the subject dropdown menu of the form, mention the course and why you think your suggestion makes sense to be part of the curriculum.