This course is currently under-development.
What will you learn in this course?
- Get familiar with different orbits and orbital mechanics for satellite communication
- Understand everything about how satellites are launched into various types of orbit.
- Evaluate and understand all the main parameters related to the communication link between a satellite and earth.
- Understand the preparation of the link budget
- Get an overview of the space segment and earth segment of satellite communication
- Understand frequency allocation, satellite services, and communication bands.
- Understand the various satellite subsystems
- Identify major satellite communication programs and understand the scope of application of satellites
- Evaluation of SNR in satellite links
What is the target of this course?
This course is part of the Communications and Signal processing track. We have designed this track and its constituent courses to equip learners with the basic requirements of entry-level jobs or internships in the field of communication and signal processing.
Are there any pre-requisites for this course?
- Digital Communications
- Some concepts from Wireless and Mobile Communication
What’s the course structure like?
- Types of orbits
- Space segment
- Ground segment
- Propagation effect
- Link Budget
- Multiple Access Techniques
- Capacity enhancement
- Nonlinearity, Synchronization
- TCP over satellite
- ITU regulations, Standards, and examples
I would like to suggest some topics to be covered, how can I do that?
You can visit the contact page linked in the footer of this webpage. Just select “Suggest Topics” from the subject dropdown menu of the form, mention the course and why you think your suggestion makes sense to be part of the curriculum.