This is course is currently under development.
What will you learn in this course?
- Basic concepts of cellular communication
- Different methods of improving coverage and increasing the capacity of cellular systems.
- Familiarity with multipath channels and fading effects.
- Small scale and large scale propagation effects.
- All the different multiple access techniques (TDMA/CDMA etc.)
- Trunking and Grade of Service
- Types of hand-off mechanism and spread spectrum techniques
- All the characteristics of a wireless communication channel.
- The architecture of modern and emerging cellular standards – 3G, 4G, 5G, CDMA, LTE, UMTS
What is the target of this course?
This course is part of the Communications and Signal processing track. We have designed this track and its constituent courses (like this one) to equip learners with the basic requirements of entry-level jobs or internships in the field of communication and signal processing.
Are there any pre-requisites for this course?
Analog and Digital Communication techniques.
I would like to suggest some topics to be covered, how can I do that?
You can visit the contact page linked in the footer of this webpage. Just select “Suggest Topics” from the subject dropdown menu of the form, mention the course and why you think your suggestion makes sense to be part of the curriculum.