This course is under-development.
What will you learn in this course?
- Understand embedded system design concepts using RISC microcontrollers in general.
- Integrated peripherals based on I/O functions.
- Examples of internal peripheral software drivers.
- Thumb2 instruction set covering branching, data processing instructions, swap instruction.
- Learn embedded C.
- Understand various communication protocols using the ARM Cortex M series of processors.
- Understand exception handling and booting in the ARM Cortex M series.
- Software development flow.
- Hardware and software debugging and tracing.
What are the software and hardware requirements for this course?
- Keil uVision
- STM32 SoC
What is the target of this course?
This course is part of our tracks in Embedded Systems, IoT, and Robotics. We have designed these tracks and their constituent courses (like this one) to equip learners with the basic requirements of entry-level jobs or internships in the respective fields. Head over to the pages of any of these tracks to get more information.
Are there any pre-requisites for this course?
- Digital Electronics (Strongly recommended)
- 8085 Microprocessor
- 8051 Microcontroller (Knowing these will amp up your grasping power and solidify your fundamental concepts)
What’s the course structure like?
- RISC vs CISC
- ARM features
- ARM architecture
- Cortex M3/M4 architecture
- Programming Model
- Instruction Set
- Memory Model
- Exception Handling
- Watchdog timer
- Hardware design
- Firmware design
- Embedded C programming
- Software development tools
- Peripheral programming
I would like to suggest some topics to be covered, how can I do that?
You can visit the contact page linked in the footer of this webpage. Just select “Suggest Topics” from the subject dropdown menu of the form, mention the course and why you think your suggestion makes sense to be part of the curriculum.